Mother Jones Legacy Society
Providing for Mother Jones not only means you will ensure our journalism has a positive impact for generations to come, it has advantages for you and your family members:
- It’s easy: Making a bequest is as simple as inserting a few sentences into your will or living trust or identifying Mother Jones as the beneficiary of an insurance policy.
- You can change your mind: unlike other, more complicated planned gifts like charitable remainder trusts, you can adjust your status at any time.
- It may reduce the taxes on your estate: Your loved ones may receive valuable tax benefits as your estate is entitled to unlimited estate tax deduction for bequests to qualified charitable organizations.
- You can make a much larger gift than possible during your lifetime: For most people their legacy gift is the largest gift that they make–a gift with a lasting legacy.
- Your values will endure: Including a charitable legacy gift is an effective way to indicate your values beyond your lifetime.
- You will have our gratitude: As a member of The Mother Jones Legacy Society you will receive a lifetime subscription to Mother Jones, recognition in our annual report, invitations to events, and updates on our world-changing journalism.
Questions? Email Cathy Asmus, Member Initiatives Manager.